The Bureau of International Recycling Convention will be held from 5 to 7 October in London. It is a meeting of major producers involved in the international recycling sector.
The federation promoting the aforementioned event represents over 760 member companies of the private sector and 36 national associations in over 70 countries. Together, these members form the largest international recycling federation.
Since 1948, the year of the bureau’s foundation, BIR has been promoting the recycling of materials of different composition: paper, derivatives of the textile industry, ferrous or non-ferrous materials. In addition to promoting the different types of recycling, this important organization facilitates the trade of metals, collaboration between various market players and operators of the sector; technological innovation.
The main objectives of the Federation:
- Speaking as a single voice that compactly represents the recycling industries globally;
- Raising awareness about economic and environmental contributions such as reducing energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions;
- Promoting the environmentally sound management of resources and the use of recycled materials throughout the world;
- Encouraging manufacturers to design products with a better understanding of recycling possibilities;
- Providing its members with an appropriate forum to discuss important issues for the international recycling community;
- Offering the members a quick and effective means of resolving trade disputes.
World Metal, a company based in Campania, leader in the recycling of ferrous and non-ferrous materials, will participate for the second time as a BIR member in this important knowledge-sharing and collaboration promotion event.